Toll Free: 1-800-567-2600
There are also two online engagement opportunities open for you to share your thoughts: the online survey (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/planeasternnova) and the online interactive map (https://upland.mysocialpinpoint.ca/plan-eastern-nova). The interactive map allows you to place pins on the map to show places that you think are special, places where you have concerns or see opportunities, and other more general comments about your community and its development. You can leave a comment, like or dislike comments left by others, and engage in discussions. Check back in every once and while to see what people in your area are saying!
This Request for Proposals (RFP) is an invitation to qualified consultants to submit proposals to develop a refreshed strategic plan for 2022-2024.
The detailed Request for Proposals is available from the Provincial Procurement Services Web Portal at http://www.gov.ns.ca/tenders or may be requested electronically by contacting the undersigned. Not necessarily the lowest or any bid will be accepted
Electronic proposals in PDF format will be accepted by the undersigned until 2:00 pm on Wednesday, December 22, 2021.
Municipality of the County of Richmond
P.O. Box 120
2357, Highway 206
Arichat, Nova Scotia
Attention: Don Marchand, CAO
For further information please call 226-3970.
Please note: Discussion will take place regarding the WREC Building Condition Assessment on December 20th at 7 PM at the Regular Council Meeting.
Service Nova Scotia and Internal Services and the Salvation Army are working together to provide rebates to low income Nova Scotians struggling with their heating or electrical costs due to financial loss resulting from Covid-19. Below are the rebate program offerings for 2021-22:
Home Energy Assistance Top-Up (HEAT): $400 rebate for emergency home heating or power bills.
Nova Scotia Covid Relief Fund (NSCR): $400 rebate to help households impacted by the Covid 19 with their home heating or power bills.
Heating Assistance Rebate Program (HARP): $200 rebate for home heating costs.
Low income Nova Scotians who are eligible for these programs could receive up to $1,000 to help them with their heating/power costs in 2021-22.
As part of a collective effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19, the health and wellness of residents and employees being the main priority, the municipality will take the following actions:
• The Municipality of Richmond County Administration Office will close to the public effective April 27, 2021 at 8:30 AM.
- Residents looking to make payments on water/sewer/tax bills/tipping fees can do so via online payment or by mail.
- If visits to the Municipal administrative offices are required, please contact the office to make an appointment at 902-226-2400.
- All municipal committee and council meetings will be held virtually
• The Richmond Solid Waste Management Facility and curbside collection schedule will remain unchanged at this time. Payments will not be accepted at the facility during this time, site staff will issue invoices by mail. The Municipality requests that residents adhere to Provincial guidelines and avoid unnecessary visits to the facility. Residents are encouraged to dispose of material through regular collection or upcoming heavy collection. Residents are also advised that compost is unavailable at this time; a notice will be issued when compost is available for purchase.
We urge you to stay up to date and follow sources provided for regular updates and information:
Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca/CoronaVirus/
The Government of Canada: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak updates, symptoms, prevention, travel, preparation - Canada.ca
Nova Scotia 811: https://811.novascotia.ca/
World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/
BOOK A VACCINE: https://novascotia.flow.canimmunize.ca/en/9874123-19-7418965