Toll Free: 1-800-567-2600
The Municipality of the County of Richmond is currently accepting applications for the casual position of Emergency Management Coordinator (EMC). The EMC has overall responsibility for disaster preparedness for the Municipality of the County of Richmond.
The primary functions of this position are disaster response planning, building relationships with other organizations having a disaster response role, and advising and informing elected officials, staff and the public with regard to disaster preparedness.
The preferred candidate will have:
• a combination of training and related experience that clearly demonstrates the ability to effectively carry out the responsibilities of this position;
• experience in disaster response, hazard assessments and risk analysis;
• exceptional inter-personal and communication skills;
• experience with radio equipment and radio networking; and
• the ability to work both independently and within a team-based environment.
Interested candidates are encouraged to forward their resume and cover letter by 4:00 p.m. April 30, 2019, in confidence to:
2357 Highway 206, PO Box 120
Arichat NS B0E 1A0
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.