Toll Free: 1-800-567-2600
The Municipality of the County of Richmond is currently accepting applications for the full-time position of Water / Wastewater System Operator.
The position of Water / Wastewater System Operator, under the guidance and direction of the Operator Direct Responsible Charge (ODRC), is responsible for operation and maintenance of water and sewer treatment plants, sewer pumping stations, water storage tanks, well-fields and associated components for the designated area of service.
The preferred candidate will have:
• Nova Scotia level 1 or higher water and/or wastewater treatment certification preferred;
• must be able to obtain water and wastewater level II certifications within established timeframe;
• must possess a valid driver’s license;
• must have a high school diploma or GED;
• must be knowledgeable and proficient in use of personal computers and related software;
• must be knowledgeable in the use of Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems;
• must be reliable, organized and able to prioritize and solve problems independently with minimal supervision;
• must have excellent inter-personal and communication skills;
• certification in a recognized trade (electrical, mechanical, etc.) is considered an asset;
Interested candidates are encouraged to forward their resume and cover letter by 4:00 p.m. August 30, 2019, in confidence to:
2357 Highway 206, PO Box 120
Arichat NS B0E 1A0
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.