Wastewater Management District - On-Site Septic Systems
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS 2019
ON-SITE SEPTIC SYSTEMS
Deadline for Applications - 3pm Friday, August 9th, 2019
The Municipality is pleased to advise residents that it is now accepting applications for the next phase of the Municipality’s Wastewater Management Project.
The Municipality’s Wastewater Management Project aims to improve wastewater management through regulation of the design, construction, installation, use, maintenance and operation of wastewater systems in the interest of public health and safety and environmental protection.
WHAT WILL I GET?
Project participants receive an appropriatelydesigned on-site sewage disposalsystem with a portion of the cost covered by infrastructure grants. The Municipality operates and maintains the on-site sewage disposal systems of participants for aperiod of seven (7) years, subject to anoperating and maintenance fee, after which time the full responsibility for the system shall be transferred to the Owner.
WHAT WILL IT COST?
Fees for participation in the WWMD Project include:
- A one-time installation charge of $5,800*which must be paid in the following manner:*
- A non-refundable $500 deposit prior to theMunicipality arranging for an Engineer to conduct the site assessment;*
- Balance of payment of $5,300 due in advance of the Municipality proceeding with construction ofthe system.
- An annual operation and maintenance(O&M) fee of $250* which shall be billed at $62.50 per quarter.
*Fees may vary as noted in By-Law 62 Owner.
DO I QUALIFY?
- Is the dwelling located within the boundaries of the Wastewater Management District (RichmondCounty excluding Potlotek FirstNation Reserve)?
- Is the dwelling owner-occupied and the primary residence?
- Is the dwelling serviced by anexisting on-site septic system?
- Is the dwelling’s on-site septicsystem malfunctioning (a direct or untreated discharge of grey or black water from the home)?
If you answered NO to any of the questions above then you do NOT qualify.
NOTE: Housing Nova Scotia has funding programs that can help eligible home owners with the cost of repairing or replacing malfunctioning on-site septic systems. Please contact your local office toll free at 1-844-424-5110 or visit https://housing.novascotia.ca
HOW DO WE APPLY?
- Can be picked up at the Municipal Office,
- Can be downloaded from http://www.richmondcounty.ca/wwmd.html
Return Completed applications to:
- Municipality of the County of Richmond
- Attn: Wastewater Project Manager
- 2357 Highway 206, Box 120
- Arichat, NS B0E1A0
Fax: 902 226-226-0060