Toll Free: 1-800-567-2600
The Municipality requests quotations for the provision of plowing and sanding / salting services at Municipally owned sites in Arichat. A list of the Municipal sites is as follows:
(a) Municipal Office Parking Lot (Plowing and Sanding/Salting)
• Main parking lot including side and rear of building, and lower parking lot.
To accompany each bid, each contractor shall provide:
1) List equipment available for plowing and sanding.
2) Agree to remove snow on a 24 hour basis.
3) List measures to protect existing Municipal buildings and features such as concrete curbs.
4) Agree to have areas cleared before the beginning of the Municipal working day (8:00 am).
5) Submit bids based on a per call out rate for plowing and sanding / salting. No hourly rates accepted. Pricing shall not include applicable taxes.
6) Successful bidders shall plow and sand Municipal sites from November 15, 2018 to April 30, 2019.
7) Provide proof of liability insurance. The contractor shall maintain such insurance and pay such assessments as will protect him/her and the owner from claims under the Worker’s Compensation Act and from any other claims for damages for personal injury, including death and from claims for property damage which may arise from his/her operations. The minimum limits of such insurance shall be not less than $2,000,000 with respect to each occurrence or accident. Insurance shall be maintained throughout the duration of the snow plowing and sanding work season.
8) Bidders are required to provide proof of good standing with the Worker’s Compensation Board.
9) Bidders are required to provide proof of NSCSA Certification of Recognition, WCB Safety Certification or equivalent.
10) The Municipality applies a buy local preference when evaluating which goods or services offer best value to the Municipality. Details of the Municipality's buy local provisions may be found in the Municipality's Purchasing and Tendering Policy at www.richmondcounty.ca under Council / Policies or by contacting the Municipality at 902-226-2400.
11) The properly completed and executed quotation provided at the end of these Documents shall be enclosed in a sealed envelope and delivered to the Municipality prior to the date and time of closing. Quotations received after date and time of closing will be rejected and returned unopened.
12) Notwithstanding any other provision, practice or custom in the construction industry or procedures and guidelines recommended for use on publicly funded projects, the Municipality in its sole discretion shall have the unfettered right to:
• Accept any quotation;
• Reject any quotation;
• Reject all quotations;
• Accept a quotation which is not the lowest;
• Reject a quotation even if it is the only quotation received by the Owner;
• Accept all or any part of the quotation;
• Award all or a portion of the work to any bidder.
13) The contact person for this Tender is the following:
Public Works Departmental Administrator
Municipality of the County of Richmond
Quotes shall be submitted in a sealed envelope to the Municipal Office in Arichat before 2:00 pm on Thursday, October 25, 2018.
They shall be addressed as follows:
“MOCR201820 - Snow Removal 2018/19”
C/O Municipality of the County of Richmond
P.O. Box 120
2357 Highway #206
Attention: Carla Martell
FORM OF TENDER
Price is to exclude HST.
The undersigned bidder has carefully examined the Request for Quotation:
|Location||Price per call out|
Snow Plowing: Municipal Administration Building
|$__________________ / per call out|
|Sanding / Salting: Municipal Administration Building
– 2357 Hwy 206, Arichat
|$__________________ / per call out|
Company Name: ______________________________________________________________
Mailing Address: ______________________________________________________________
Phone: _________________________ Fax: _______________________________
Contact Person: _________________________________________________
Signature: _______________________________ Date: ________________________________