There will be a Special Meeting of Richmond Municipal Council on Monday, June 24, 2019 at 7:00 PM in Council Chambers at the Municipal Building in Arichat. The purpose of the meeting is to give Second Reading Approval to By-Law #56 in order to include the property AAN# 00089044, owned by The Friends of St. John's Arichat Society and property AAN# 02531917 & 10615161 owned by the Hearts of Isle Madame Disability Society. There will also be Second Reading approval to amend By Law #62, Wastewater Management District By-Law and the object of the amendment to the By-Law is to accommodate the following changes:
• Redefining the geographic area for the wastewater management district to include all of Richmond County (excluding Chapel Island Mi’kmaq reserve) to allow for expansion of the project;
• Changes to the charges for new participants to reflect true construction costs;
• Changes to the payment terms for new participants to require a deposit in advance of the Municipality incurring engineering expenses and payment in full in advance of construction related activities;
• Implement a term of seven years after which systems installed under the program will cease to be registered as “municipal” systems and the systems will become the full responsibility of the Owner;
• Addition of an appeals process within the By-law for Owners having concerns regarding the replacement work being undertaken on their property;
•Other administrative changes and clarifications as noted in the proposed amended By- law.